With our application and engineering expertise, comprehensive service and support, and a strong reputation for quality, we design our premium wheel hub units to improve the efficiency, safety and reliability of automotive applications. We offer a full line of aftermarket premium wheel hub units, including Generation 1, 2 and 3. Plus, Timken premium wheel hub units last twice as long as economy-line units.
We benchmarked our manufactured wheel hub units against competitive economy-line products. The bearings were for the same vehicle application and were evaluated using the same test conditions. Information derived from Timken Standard Hub/Bearing Accelerated Durability Rig Test. Testing methods accepted by original equipment manufacturers. (SP450300, 513200). Weibull life based on statistically small sample size.
Features and Benefits
Ongoing validation, quality control and testing
- Low runout reduces noise and vibration to improve braking performance.
- Premium seals designed to help prevent installation damage and provide enhanced protection for extended bearing life and durability.
- Engineered premium bearings for extended life and improved fuel efficiency (tapered roller and ball bearings).
- Advanced Sensor Technology monitors wheel speed for Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS).
- Precision fits control internal bearing clearances to help maintain proper bearing setting.
- Produced from clean, high-quality, high-alloy steel for increased strength and durability.
- Contains premium grease to help improve performance and extend bearing life: reduces torque and temperature, enables greater bearing roller traction, enhanced protection against wear, rust, and contamination.
Strict Product Performance Testing
- We audit and validate every component supplier and sub-supplier, including all their manufacturing, machining and finishing processes.
- We conduct metallurgical testing for steel strength and durability, including material composition, cleanliness and heat treat.
Wheel End Environment Testing (computer controlled)
- Hub durability and fatigue testing: Validates strength and structural fatigue performance (resistance to cracking).
- Flange runout testing: Helps ensure low runout and rotor deflection for better braking performance.
- Stud Twist-off and push-out testing: Helps ensure interface between stud and hub is robust to prevent stripping (stud should break first to enable replacement in existing hub) – critical for strength and proper installation.
- Seal durability and performance testing: Seals undergo mud slurry, elevated temperature and water spray testing to validate performance and durability.
- Bearing durability testing: Validates rolling contact fatigue performance (resistance to spalling damage) to help ensure extended bearing life and improved performance.
- ABS sensor output testing: Verification that sensor meets system requirements and will work properly with ABS/vehicle dynamics system – signal strength, sensitivity, digital output, etc. for traction, navigation and vehicle dynamics control on passive and active sensors.
- Safe launch process: Visual and functional inspection to make sure it’s ready for installation.
- Cyclic Environmental Conditions.
- Water Spray.
- Circulating Dust.
- Mud/Slurry Spray.
- Salt Spray.
- Manufactured from super-clean alloy steel for increased reliability, performance and life.
- Precise internal raceway profiles reduce stress on bearing components by distributing the loads evenly across contact surfaces – increasing load-carrying capacity.
- Uniform internal geometry, including angle of contact for cones and rollers, creates a precise match between cup and cone – extending bearing life.
- Advanced finishing processes generate smoother surface finishes on races and rollers to reduce friction – helping increase fuel efficiency.
- Premium, low-torque, double-lip seals designed for maximum retention of lubrication.
- Enhanced protection against contamination for extended bearing life and durability.
- Ease of installation: Reinforced outer case helps prevent installation damage and enhances durability.
- Enhanced sealing: Ribbed rubber inner diameter designed to seal minor spindle imperfections and promote positive spindle seating.
- Resistance to seal lip damage: Internal contamination exclusion system helps prevent debris penetration which may lead to leakage.
- Optimal seal life: Vent holes allow lubricants to flow freely around the seal lip – cooling seal components and removing heat build-up.
- Designed to monitor wheel speed, road conditions and work with other systems within the vehicle consistently – for reliable and better braking performance.
- Produced from clean, high-quality, high-alloy steel for rugged strength and durability.
Light and medium-duty vehicles (aftermarket)